2D Animation Training
"2D ANIMATION (2D)" - In this course you will develop your knowledge and skills to produce 2D animation sequences. You will explore both contemporary and historical animation techniques together with the fundamental principles of timing, spacing, metamorphosis, squash, stretch and movement. Narrative development, character design and sound production such as lip-synching and sound synching will add to your animation skills. You will use a range of production platforms, resolve production challenges and apply techniques in a strongly developed conceptual and creative framework.
2D Animation Training Objectives
In this course you will develop the following program learning outcomes in this course:
- Utilise technical skills in motion and interaction design,
through a range of authoring systems, to visualise, structure and construct
effective linear and interactive media outcomes.
- Communicate using diverse formats and strategies to audiences
within and external to your discipline.
- Examine and discuss narrative, conceptual design and
aesthetic possibilities in 2D animation.
- Create simple 2D animations with synched sound.
- Use animation fundamentals such as timing, movement,
metamorphosis, squash and stretch.
- Plan, develop and manage the production of small 2D animations
from concept to final output.
- Investigate and apply authoring systems for effective interactive
and time-based media outcomes.
What you will learn during the training
- Working with graphics: - Story Boarding - Flash & Animation - Working with Sound - Advanced animation techniques - Creating character animation - Adding expression to characters - Classical Animation - Creating Slide show with flash Slide Presentation - Create web based training (WBT and CBT) - Designing animated web banner using flash - Using Action Script to control Flash Movies.
Completion of the course
- Upon completion of the course, students will have a working definition of animation systems and techniques for digital media. Students will be able to create rudimentary animation cycles with an understanding of effective visual communication of physical attributes of inertia, momentum and transformation. Emphasis will be upon rendering movement.
Basic Computer Knowledge
2D Animation Training Duration
Regular classroom based training: 2 month, 60 minutes of theory & practical session per day.