"DESKTOP PUBLISHING (DTP)" - DTP and word processing are in many respects similar but there are a number of distinct advantages of using DTP. There is more control over the way text is arranged and formatted. DTP can be used to bring lots of different files together on the same document. You can import images into a DTP document from a scanner, graphics from a drawing package and text from a word processor. The duration of the course is for one months to three months.
DTP Training Objectives
To impart basic skill & knowledge to trainees in the trade Desk Top Printing and Publishing, so as to prepare trainees for employment in Printing/Publishing Press/Units.
DTP course is useful for learning how to design various publications such as banner,
brochure, viz. cards, books and book covers, booklets, kankotri, etc. DTP course includes Indesign, CorelDraw and
Photoshop. This course is useful for graphic designers, web designers, DTP operators and all other persons who
work with images and designs. Following are the topics which you will learn during this course.
What you will learn during the training
- principles of creating computer graphics and desktop publishing
- ways of defining and working with color
- differences between vector and bitmap graphics
- ways to customize color photos and graphics
- principles of retouching and creating photomontages
- create your own illustrations and graphics
- entrusted to adapt to the needs of graphic material composition and printing
- how the logo and logos
- create interesting charts and tables
- create business cards and letterhead
- creating labels, diplomas, invitations
- preparation of leaflets, banners print preparation and billboards
- how to format text
- creating style sheets and formatting styles
- use of additional colors
- principles of preparing to print publication
- digital printing, offset printing, solvent
Basic Computer Knowledge
DTP Training Duration
Regular classroom based training: 3 months, 60 minutes of theory & practical session per day.