Spring & Hibernate
Spring and Hibernate is an in-depth course geared for experienced Java developers who need to understand what Hibernate is in terms of today's systems and architectures, and how to apply Hibernate to persistence requirements in Java and Java EE applications. The course then covers to the Spring framework and how to integrate Hibernate as the persistence layer for Spring applications.
The Spring framework is an application framework that provides a lightweight container that supports the creation of simple-to-complex components in a non-invasive fashion. Spring's flexibility and transparency is congruent and supportive of incremental development and testing. The framework's structure supports the layering of functionality such as persistence, transactions, view-oriented frameworks, and enterprise systems and capabilities. Spring's Aspect-Oriented Programming (AOP) framework enables developers to declaratively apply common features and capabilities across data types in a transparent fashion.
Spring makes Java EE development easier. Spring simplifies commons tasks and encourages good design based on programming to interfaces. Spring makes your application easier to configure and reduces the need for many Java EE design patterns. Spring puts the OO design back into your Java EE application.
Spring & Hibernate Training Objectives
- Explain how the issues associated with object persistence
in a relational model are addressed by Hibernate.
- Understand the relationships between SQL, Java, Spring, and
- Discuss the challenges to adopting Hibernate in the enterprise
- Write applications that take advantage of the Hibernate Persistence Manager.
- Map Java classes to relational tables.
- Capture both relational and inheritance associations in metadata using either XML or the Java 5 Annotations mechanism.
- Create and use mappings between Java classes and relational databases.
- Understand how identity and keys are handled in Hibernate.
- Understand the persistent object lifecycle and how that relates to transactions and concurrency.
- Take advantage of Hibernate's data filtering and interception.
- Explain the issues associated with complex frameworks such as Java EE and how Spring addresses those issues
- Write applications that take advantage of the Spring container and the declarative nature of assembling simple components into applications.
- Work with Spring's support for transactions
- Understand how to use Hibernate within the Spring framework
Prerequisites for learning Spring Framework include basic knowledge of Java and databases.
Spring & Hibernate Training Duration
Regular classroom based training: 6 Weeks, 60 minutes of theory & practical session per day.